The Melanesian Council of Elders consists of various individuals, primarily clan elders as well as leading non-governmental organisations (NGOs) with elders represent non-human communities of beings across Melanesian Archipelago.
There are councils of elders across Melanesian villages and islands that are loosely or organically gathered, mainly online but also based on offline contacts and communications. These councils of elders represent different beings, issues and islands or villages.
As elders, we dedicate our lives and contribute what we have to the communities we represent, in order to serve our peoples and all beings who reside in our place.
As Melanesian elders, we are responsible to speak for our respective clans, islands, villages, and at certain level representing our Melanesian archipelago.
Melanesian Councils of Elders for The Melanesian Way Conservation is mainly a Online Alliance.
What We Believe
“We are nature and nature is us”
The nature is Us or We are the Nature, means we human beings are not and cannot separate ourselves from the nature, because we are parts of and we form the nature. We "are" the nature. But we are not alone, we have fellow communities of beings that come together as fellow beings that form and are "the nature". This is why all of us tribal peoples in the world never see trees, dogs, and water or mountains and air as separate objects for us to explore and exploit. Yes, modern religions do teach human superiority as created beings, but tribal peoples see ourselves as equal, inter-related and inter-dependent.
Since the beginning of human history, we were, we are and we will always be parts of the Nature.
By nature, we mean the natural world and the nested ecosystems within it. This is the “non-built” world of water, air, earth, vegetation, and animals. Humans are part of nature and interact constantly with it in many ways—on the molecular and the larger systems level.
* Nature generates and regenerates life;
*Nature nurture life;
*Nature relaxes and refreshes life;
* Nature welcomes life after the life in bodies come to final task in this body.
Inside our mind, we Melanesians do not perceive and treat nature as separate from humans. Melanesians think, view and treat other beings as fellow beings. However, in interaction with modern concept of nature, Melanesians tend to make the distinction.
We normally feel what the spirits, plants, animals, matter or landscapes feel and even hear what they say. This is why we mostly do not speak verbally, but we speak using all senses, regardless of us Melanesian realizing and recognising it or not.
What We Do?
Spirit-Led Conservation Across Melanesia and Beyond
- Spirit-Led Conservation means conservation work based on spiritual hotspots.
- Spirit-Led Conservation means conservation work based on spiritual hotspots that are told in our custom stories.
- Spirit-Led Conservation means conservation work based on spiritual hotspots that are told in our custom stories and protected through Customary Laws.
- Spirit-Led Conservation means conservation work based on spiritual hotspots that are told in our custom stories and protected through Customary Laws then codified in modern Nation-state legal system.
- Spirit-Led Conservation means conservation work based on spiritual hotspots that are told in our custom stories and protected through Customary Laws then codified in modern Nation-state legal system. This is called "The Melanesian Way of Conservation".
- "The Melanesian Way of Conservation". is the Spirit-Led Conservation, or Spirit-Hotspots Based Conservation, or the Indigenous Way of Conservation.
Statements of ...
Goals & Targets
Document and legalize various storylines with their sacred sites of clans and ethic-group in Melanesia as the Customary Laws of each group
Celebrate the spirit, nature and culture through Spirit Festivals, Cultural Festivals and Nature Festivals
1. Storylines and sacred sites of at least 1,000 clans/ tribes are documented, legalized and therefore protected;
2. Spiritual, Cultural and Nature Festivals are held in Seven Melanesian Countries
3. A Model of Melanesian Way of Conservation is finalized for sharing to the global community.
Tribal Environmentalist, Irish-Honorary Tribesperson, Founder of THENATURE.us, Ambassador of Full Circle Foundation, Field Coordinator for Melanesian Spirit-Led Conservation Projects
Lembaga Sahabat Alam Melanesia, Port Numbay, West Papua, Indonesia
"Melanesian Spirit and Nature Foundation Incorporated, established in 2021, based in Port Moresby PNG